Skilled Sponsored Visa Subclass 176
SKILLED SPONSORED (OFFSHORE) VISA - Subclass 176
About this Visa:
This is a permanent residence visa which requires sponsorship by an Australian state or territory government. The application is dependent on the main applicant meeting eligibility criteria and secondary applicants can be included in the application. This is the offshore, or migrant, version of the Skilled Sponsored Visa, with Subclass 886, the onshore, or resident, visa having different criteria. There are additional visa application costs for secondary applicants over 18 years old with less than functional English.
- The main applicant must be over 18 and under 49
- The main applicant must nominate an occupation with skills and qualifications that are on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) and they must have been assessed as suitable for this occupation.
- The main applicant must have their skills assessed in their nominated occupation.
- The main applicant must be sponsored by an Australian state or territory government.
- The main applicant must reach a competent level of English
- The applicant must have completed the relevant post-secondary qualifications. This can be a degree, diploma or trade qualification.
- The applicant must meet the Points Test for this subclass which is currently 65 points.
- All applicants must meet health, character, public interest and special return criteria.
- The applicant can be inside or outside Australia when the application is made, and be outside Australia at the time the visa is granted.
This is a permanent residence (PR) visa valid for five years. With this subclass there is unrestricted entry and return for the validity period. After this, a resident return visa (RRV) or citizenship if eligible, is required before expiry.
State/Territory Government Nomination
The applicant requires nomination by a State/Territory Government
Permanent Migration Pathway:
This is a permanent residence (PR) visa.
Contact Konnecting to see if our in-house recruitment consultant can connect you with an employer.
- Migration Services
- Skilled Migration
- Skill Select EOI Model
- Skilled Independent (Offshore)
- Skilled Independent (Onshore)
- Skilled Sponsored (Offshore)
- Skilled Sponsored (Onshore)
- Skilled – Regional Sponsored
- Skilled – Regional
- Skilled – Graduate
- Skilled – Recognised Graduate
- Old Points Test (Pre-July 1, 2011)
- English Language Requirement
- Employer Sponsored Migration
- Business Migration Visas
- Student Visas
- Partner Visas
- Family Visas
- Other Visa Subclasses
- Migration Lists
- Migration Definitions
- Code of Conduct & IRMAP
- Migration Client Questionaire
- Emigrate to New Zealand
- Skilled Migration
- Settlement Assistance
- Regional Spotlight
- Links & Partners
- Migration FAQ's