Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa Subclass 475 & 487
SKILLED - REGIONAL SPONSORED VISA - Subclass 475 & Subclass 487
About this Visa:
These are three-year provisional visas which require the applicant to meet 65 points in the Points Test. The applicant must also be nominated by an Australian state or territory government or sponsored by an Australian relative living as a resident in a designated area. Sponsorship by an Australian relative gives applicants an extra 10 points in their Points Test.
The application is dependent on the main applicant meeting eligibility criteria and secondary applicants can be included. There are additional visa application costs for secondary applicants over 18 years old with less than functional English.
The offshore visa is Subclass 475 while the onshore visa is Subclass 487. Generally, there is a merits review for the sponsor if sponsored by an Australian relative (onshore or offshore) or for the applicant if the application is onshore; otherwise there are no review rights.
This visa generally allows for the applicant to progress to the permanent visa of Skilled - Regional Subclass 887 after living for two years and working for at least one year in a specified regional area of Australia.
- The applicant must be either:
- Sponsored by an Australian relative who is usually a resident of a Designated Area; or
- Nominated by an Australian state or territory government.
- The main applicant must be over 18 and under 49.
- The main applicant must nominate an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) 4.
- The main applicant must have their skills assessed in their nominated occupation.
- The main applicant must reach a competent level of English.
- The applicant must meet the Points Test for this subclass which is currently 65 points.
- All applicants must meet health, character, public interest and special return criteria.
- There are additional eligibility criteria for international students, Skilled Graduates, Skilled - Recognised Graduates or Trade Skills training visas. Some of these extra criteria are verified at the time of application, while some are verified at the time of grant.
- The applicants must be outside Australia when a 475 visa is granted, and inside Australia when the 487 visas are granted.
This is a Provisional Residence visa valid for three years. The visa will have either Condition 8539 or Condition 8549 attached to it. For applicants sponsored by an Australian relative in a designated area, Condition 8549 applies. This states that the applicants are to remain in the designated area for the duration of their visa. For state or territory nominated applicants, Condition 8539 applies. This calls for the holder to live, work and study in a "regional or low population growth metropolitan area" as specified by the Minister.
State/Territory Government Nomination
The applicant requires nomination by either a state or territory government, or sponsorship by an Australian relative who is usually a resident in the Designated Area.
The applicant requires sponsorship by an Australian relative who is usually a resident in the Designated Area; or nomination by either a state or territory government.
Pathway to Permanent Residence
The Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa Subclass 475 and 487 is a three-year provisional residence visa with some conditions including area of residence, work and study. While on this visa, it may be possible to apply for other visas if eligibility criteria are met, including:
- Skilled - Regional Subclass 887 if on Skilled - Regional Sponsored for two years (Permanent Residence)
- Skilled - Regional Sponsored Subclass 487 Extension after three years (Provisional)
- Business Long Stay Subclass 457 - (Employer Sponsored Temporary Residence)
- Skilled Independent Subclass 885 - (Permanent Residence)
- Skilled Sponsored Subclass 886 - (Permanent Residence)
- Skilled -Regional Sponsored Subclass 487 - (Three-Year Provisional Visa)
- Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 856 - (Employer Sponsored Permanent Residence)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Subclass 857 - (Permanent Residence)
Contact Konnecting to see if our in-house recruitment consultant can connect you with an employer.
- Migration Services
- Skilled Migration
- Skill Select EOI Model
- Skilled Independent (Offshore)
- Skilled Independent (Onshore)
- Skilled Sponsored (Offshore)
- Skilled Sponsored (Onshore)
- Skilled – Regional Sponsored
- Skilled – Regional
- Skilled – Graduate
- Skilled – Recognised Graduate
- Old Points Test (Pre-July 1, 2011)
- English Language Requirement
- Employer Sponsored Migration
- Business Migration Visas
- Student Visas
- Partner Visas
- Family Visas
- Other Visa Subclasses
- Migration Lists
- Migration Definitions
- Code of Conduct & IRMAP
- Migration Client Questionaire
- Emigrate to New Zealand
- Skilled Migration
- Settlement Assistance
- Regional Spotlight
- Links & Partners
- Migration FAQ's