Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 885
SKILLED INDEPENDENT (ONSHORE) VISA - SUBCLASS 885
About this Visa:
This is a permanent residence visa which requires no sponsorship. This is the onshore, or residence, version of the Subclass 175 Visa. The application is dependent on the main applicant meeting eligibility criteria. Secondary applicants can be included in the application but there are additional visa application costs for secondary applicants over 18 years old with less than functional English. There is a merits review available as long as the applicant was not offshore or in immigration clearance.
- The main applicant must be over 18 and under 49
- The main applicant must nominate an occupation equivant to the Australian standard on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL).
- The main applicant must:
- Meet the two-year study requirement: that is, have been an international student and completed at least two years of study within last six months (Note: If trade occupation you must satisfy the Job Ready Test); or
- Be a holder of the Skilled - Graduate Subclass 485 or Skilled - Recognised Graduate Subclass 476 or Trade Skills Training Subclass 471.
- The applicant must have a positive skills assessment in their nominated occupation.
- The main applicant must reach a competent level of English
- The applicant must have completed the relevant post-secondary qualifications. This can be a degree, diploma or trade qualification.
- The applicant must meet the Points Test for this subclass which is currently 65 points.
- All applicants must meet health, character, public interest and special return criteria.
- The applicant must be in Australia when the application is made and granted.
This is a permanent residence (PR) visa valid for five years. With this subclass there is unrestricted entry and return for the validity period. After this, a resident return visa (RRV), or citizenship if eligible, is required before expiry.
Permanent Migration Pathway:
This is a permanent residence (PR) visa.
Contact Konnecting to see if our in-house recruitment consultant can connect you with an employer.
- Migration Services
- Skilled Migration
- Skill Select EOI Model
- Skilled Sponsored (Onshore)
- Skilled – Regional Sponsored
- Skilled Independent (Onshore)
- Skilled – Regional
- Skilled – Graduate
- Skilled – Recognised Graduate
- Old Points Test (Pre-July 1, 2011)
- English Language Requirement
- Skilled Independent Subclass 189
- Skilled Sponsored Subclass 190 Visa
- Skilled Provisional Visa Subclass 489
- Employer Sponsored Migration
- Business Migration Visas
- Student Visas
- Partner Visas
- Family Visas
- Other Visa Subclasses
- Closed Visa Subclasses
- Migration Lists
- Migration Definitions
- Code of Conduct & IRMAP
- Migration Client Questionaire
- Emigrate to New Zealand
- Skilled Migration
- Settlement Assistance
- Regional Spotlight
- Links & Partners
- Migration FAQ's