Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 175
SKILLED INDEPENDENT (Offshore) VISA - Subclass 175
About this Visa:
This is a permanent residence visa which requires no sponsorship. The application is dependent on the main applicant meeting eligibility criteria. Secondary applicants can be included in the application. Subclass 175 is an offshore visa. The onshore version of the Skilled Independent, with different criteria is the Subclass 885. At the time of granting, the applicant must be out of Australia. There are additional Visa Application Costs for secondary applicants over 18 years old with less than functional English. You can still lodge the application onshore, but must be offshore at time of granting. With an offshore visa there generally are no merit review rights.
- The main applicant must be over 18 and under 49
- The main applicant must have an occupation with skills and qualifications that meet the Australian standard of an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL).
- The main applicant must have their skills assessed in their nominated occupation.
- The main applicant must reach a competent level of English
- The applicant must have completed the relevant post-secondary qualifications. This can be a degree, diploma or trade qualification.
- The applicant must meet the Points Test for this subclass which is currently 65 points.
- All applicants must meet health, character, public interest and special return criteria.
This is a permanent residence (PR) visa valid for five years. With this subclass there is unrestricted entry and return for the validity period. After this, a resident return visa (RRV), or citizenship if eligible, is required before expiry.
State/Territory Government Nomination:
Permanent Migration Pathway:
This is a permanent residence (PR) visa.
Contact Konnecting to see if our in-house recruitment consultant can connect you with an employer.
NOTE: This visa subclass is closed to new applications.
- Migration Services
- Skilled Migration
- Employer Sponsored Migration
- Business Migration Visas
- Student Visas
- Partner Visas
- Family Visas
- Other Visa Subclasses
- Closed Visa Subclasses
- Migration Lists
- Migration Definitions
- Code of Conduct & IRMAP
- Migration Client Questionaire
- Emigrate to New Zealand
- Settlement Assistance
- Regional Spotlight
- Links & Partners
- Migration FAQ's