Skilled Graduate Visa Subclass 485
SKILLED - GRADUATE VISA - Subclass 485
About this Visa
This visa is an 18-month temporary visa for recent graduates from Australian universities. Students are required to meet a two-year study requirement, and show that their studies are closely related to their nominated occupation. The applicant is not subject to the Points Test.
This visa allows time for recent graduates to gain the experience required for a PR visa. There is no requirement for sponsorship by an Australian relative or nomination by a state/territory for this visa subclass. Generally, there are merits review rights.
- The main applicant must have completed at least two years of study within the six months immediately before the lodgement of the 485 visa application.
- The main applicant must nominate an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL). This nominated occupation must be worth either 50 or 60 points.
- Applicants must have held a specified student visa being either Subclasses 572, 573 or 574. Only applicants on certain visa classes can apply for the Subclass 485.
- At the time of application the main applicant must demonstrate that they have applied for the skills assessment, and at the time of decision, must have a positive skills assessment in their nominated occupation.
- The applicant must have a competent level of English.
- At the time of application, applicants must demonstrate they have made arrangements to undergo medical examinations and Australian Federal Police (AFP) clearance checks.
- The applicants must have complied with the visa conditions imposed on their previous student visa/s.
- All applicants must meet health, character, public interest and special return criteria.
- All applicants must be inside Australia at the time of lodgement, and all applicants must be in Australia at the time of grant (except subsequent applicants)
- Secondary applicants are permitted, but certain requirements must be met.
This is a temporary residence (TR) visa valid for 18 months. The 18 months commences from the date of granting. Condition 8501 may be imposed which requires the visa holder to have adequate health insurance while in Australia.
State/Territory Government Nomination
Pathway to Permanent Residence
Skilled - Graduate Subclass 485 is an 18-month temporary residence visa allowing recently graduated students to obtain the required work experience to apply for permanent residence. While on a Skilled Graduate Subclass 485 it may be possible to apply for other visas if eligibility criteria are met, including:
- Business Long Stay Subclass 457 - (Temporary Residence)
- Skilled Independent Subclass 885 - (Permanent Residence)
- Skilled Sponsored Subclass 886 - (Permanent Residence)
- Skilled - Regional Sponsored Subclass 487 - (Three Year Provisional Visa)
- Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 856 - (Permanent Residence)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Subclass 857 - (Permanent Residence)
Contact Konnecting to see if our in-house recruitment consultant can connect you with an employer.
- Migration Services
- Skilled Migration
- Skill Select EOI Model
- Skilled Independent (Onshore)
- Skilled Sponsored (Onshore)
- Skilled – Regional Sponsored
- Skilled – Regional
- Skilled – Graduate
- Skilled – Recognised Graduate
- Old Points Test (Pre-July 1, 2011)
- English Language Requirement
- Skilled Independent Subclass 189
- Skilled Sponsored Subclass 190 Visa
- Skilled Provisional Visa Subclass 489
- Employer Sponsored Migration
- Business Migration Visas
- Student Visas
- Partner Visas
- Family Visas
- Other Visa Subclasses
- Closed Visa Subclasses
- Migration Lists
- Migration Definitions
- Code of Conduct & IRMAP
- Migration Client Questionaire
- Emigrate to New Zealand
- Skilled Migration
- Settlement Assistance
- Regional Spotlight
- Links & Partners
- Migration FAQ's